FINAL COMPILATION AND REFLECTION

 FINAL COMPILATION

 

 





Final Reflection

I feel I have learnt so much from this module. It has in all honesty, been an incredible journey, despite how short it was, to expand my creativity and fun I went through with learning things from the basic design principles, to designing projects with meaning and a personal story to them and even delivering a message derived from passion through the use of a well-crafted piece. This entire subject was an enjoyable ride for me but if I had to pick what I enjoyed working on the most, it would be Assignment 1 as it helped me explore not only in expanding and inheriting different elements of design into my piece but also, helped me explore myself. To find out what makes me, the person I am, to see what has inspired me throughout the years and what has built me into the person I am today. Admittedly, I genuinely do not think there's been a single time where I did not enjoy my time on this module, my lecturer, Dr. Charles was a phenomenal guide through the start of my design journey and I honestly, cannot say I find anything that I really disliked about this module, it was a genuinely great ride. I have learnt many things but I feel that there is untapped creativity in me, creativity that has shined a little bit throughout this module, while I have been drawing for years, I feel I never was one to create and put meaning, messages into my art. But now I see, that I am capable of doing that, and I am able to produce things that do not just stem from a hobby and more something out of passion and motivation. The things that have changed is the perception I see in artwork and design, looking beyond the work and perhaps the meaning, how they integrated certain elements of design to tell a story of some kind. My only criticism of this module is that it should be longer and not relegated into a short semester, I genuinely think this subject is something that would greatly benefit in a longer semester and while I enjoyed this module in a condensed package of a short semester, I wish I was able to learn more and to take more time with crafting my works for this module. Overall, however, I greatly enjoyed this module, it was a genuine breath of fresh air for me to be a part of a creative subject with the same amount of passion and care in this module as I put into my work, and I will remember all I have learnt here throughout the rest of my design journey.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Design Principles (Assignment 1) Process and Explanation

Design Principles Exercise